When answering Tells, a picture can be added. We want the picture content on Tellonym to be a fun experience for every user and also acceptable for everyone outside of Tellonym. All the rules from the Community Guidelines apply to the pictures you post, as well as the specified rules on this page.
Post only your own pictures and do not post pictures of others without their consent. Respect everyone, do not post sexual content or content displaying nudity. This includes digitally-created pictures that show sexual content.
We do not allow graphic or violent content on Tellonym, please post in compliance with the law.
Rights, consent and ownership
Only post pictures that you have the right to post, you created and/or have consent from the person(s) in the picture.
Pictures displaying complete nudity are not allowed on Tellonym. This includes, but is not limited to pictures showing:
- male/female genitals or anuses
- fully nude female nipples
- pornographic content/sexual intercourse where genitals are visible
- nude animations that include overly human-like features (e.g. hentai)
- realistic drawings that plainly depict sexual activities
- focus on male genital erections of any kind, clothed or not
- images solely focusing on camel toes
Pictures containing the following are generally considered OK:
- bodies in underwear, lingerie, or swimwear
- sexual activities where genitals and the other above-mentioned content is not visible
- “nude” images where all above-mentioned content is completely covered/blurred out/invisible
- female nipples if covered with any clothing (transparent or opaque)
- nudity in paintings or sculptures
When posting content, make sure it is not graphic or violent. We will remove such content as it is not appropriate for everyone, even though the intention of posting might have been positive.
Please do not upload pictures of traumatic or newsworthy events. In some cases, relatives of a victim that has been in an accident will receive news about such an event before the authorities have the chance to approach them.
Pictures depicting the following content are generally considered forbidden:
- self-harm wounds (does not apply to healed wounds/scars)
- suicide or the glorification of it
- glorification of pro-ana content (including tips and coaching)
- excessive (real) gore e.g. dismembering, exposed internal organs, other severe injuries
- disfigured or severely injured animals as well as other animal abuse
- bodily fluids e.g. semen
Make sure to not post pictures that are in violation of the law, for example: Pictures of flags from terrorist organizations and/or hate groups, drugs, pictures showing and/or offering illegal activities.